Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality payroll service is provided to PEO clients by maintaining the highest level of quality service and maintains a good working relationship with all clients.
- Accurately enters and maintains employee related information in the payroll system, including, but not limited to: personnel changes, wage adjustments, garnishments, child support and liens, tax withholding changes, direct deposit, special withholdings, compensation and state unemployment codes, leave of absence, termination forms, and all other PEO-required forms necessary for payroll processing.
- Reviews new hire and employee change paperwork and collaborates with client for the objective of producing accurate, compliant and timely delivered payroll.
- Calculates the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc with assistance of payroll system.
- Maintains knowledge of PEO payroll policies and procedures to ensure compliance with PEO requirements.
- Audits payroll information for accuracy.
- Calculates and balances other routine payroll tasks such as manual checks.
- Assists clients with routine payroll related queries, resolves and responds timely and provides quality client service.
- Process payrolls by accepting and processing hours, providing reports, coordinating payroll delivery, and ensuring payments are received for wages paid and payroll services provided.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of payroll laws and reporting requirements.
- Detail oriented, organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize.